It’s Not About What You Say, But How You Say It
In today’s fast-paced digital world, we are beginning to rely on AI-powered language models, like GPT, to assist us in a variety of ways. One of the most common: content creation. But here’s the thing: it’s not just about what we write, but also how we say it to get the results that we really want. The tone we use plays a significant role in ensuring effective communication with our readers, so it is imperative that we instruct our AI-assistants to follow our lead. Let’s dive into the world of tone modifiers and see how they can help us get the right production from our GPT prompts.
Understanding Tone Modifiers
Picture this: you’re trying to draft an email, write a blog post, or even come up with a social media caption. It’s crucial to use tone modifiers to give your GPT prompts the desired style and impact. By choosing the right combination of tone modifiers, you can guide the tone of your content to align with your goals. Let’s explore some relatable tone combinations and how they can be used:
- Friendly and Professional: This combo is perfect for creating warm and approachable content. Think donor outreach emails or customer service interactions. Start off with a friendly greeting like, “Hey there! We just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your amazing support. Your contributions make a real difference in the lives of those in need.”
- Casual and Conversational: Imagine you’re writing a blog post or crafting a social media update. You want to engage your audience and make them feel like part of the conversation. Use a relaxed and engaging tone, like this: “Hey amazing volunteers! We’re so grateful for all the incredible work you’ve done with us. As we approach the end of the year, we wanted to let you know about some of the needs we have at Kids Inc. We couldn’t have made it this far without your help!”
- Humorous and Informal: Injecting a bit of humor into your content can make it more entertaining and relatable. Great for social media posts or internal communications. Try something like, “Hey there, fellow do-gooders! Welcome to the Kids Inc. blog, where making a difference is our jam! We’re a bunch of fun-loving folks passionate about supporting pediatric cancer research and helping children in need.”
- Professional and Trustworthy: When you need to convey reliability and professionalism, tone modifiers can help you achieve just that. This tone is suitable for business proposals or formal communications. Here’s an example: “With our extensive expertise and unwavering commitment to our mission, you can trust us to deliver on our promises. Together, we can make a lasting impact in the lives of those we serve.”
- Casual and Funny: Sometimes, it’s great to let your brand’s personality shine through. Use a relaxed and playful tone for social media posts or content marketing. For instance, “Knock, knock. Who’s there? Kids Inc’s latest donation campaign! We’re serious about supporting pediatric cancer research, but we’d also love to hear your favorite joke. Share it with us and let’s spread some laughter for a good cause! #KidsIncJokes #DonateForACause”
Give It a Spin
Tone modifiers are your secret weapon to ensure your prompts hit the mark. Whether you want to come across as friendly, professional, casual, or even funny, selecting the right tone combinations can make all the difference. Remember to adapt your tone to the specific use case, be relatable, and engage your audience. With the right tone, your prompts will produce the desired impact and help you communicate effectively in any situation.
And we are here to help. We created this downloadable all about tone modifiers with an extensive list of examples for you to run through. And, if you’re interested in using these to create ultra-tailored content for your organization, we are building boodleGPT so that you can pair these pro tips with your actual constituents list to ensure a personalized message every time. Join the waitlist below!