About This Role
boodleAI is currently looking for a Data Scientist to expand its data team. The ideal candidate is someone who is a “storyteller” with data; has advanced technical skills surrounding predictive analytics and machine learning; and a solid understanding of how to apply different analytic techniques to solve business problems. The ideal candidate will have 2 – 3 years of experience, although a combination of education and experience can be substituted. Market compensation with full benefits for the ideal candidate. Full time work location is remote.
Specific to your role, your responsibilities will include:
- Data Services: Support our Customer Success and Sales team with any and all data requests. Provide support on analyses for clients, including data mining, evaluation, statistical analysis, and visualization. Pilot different data products with the Customer Success team to validate efficacy.
- Data Education and Advocacy: Be an Ambassador of the Possible. Help people understand our data: what’s in it, how to use it appropriately, and what’s possible. Educate everyone in different analytic techniques and machine learning models.
- Data Domain Expert: Explore and develop a deep understanding of our third party database containing 1000+ data points on over 220+ million adults, eventually serving as a main PoC for questions regarding it.
- Data Product Liaison: Work with product and engineering teams to implement different models and analyses that have been piloted and validated.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 2-3 years professional experience, or equivalent combination of post grad education and/or internship experience
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Advanced understanding of statistics, significance tests, and analytic techniques
- Solid technical skills surrounding predictive modeling and machine learning (supervised and unsupervised algorithms)
- Excellent exploratory data analysis skills
- Ability to tell a “data story” to non-technical stakeholders using custom visualizations, presentations, and dashboards
- Experience collaborating effectively with a variety of business and engineering stakeholders
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning, improvement, and innovation
- Passion for growth, sales, and company expansion
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with strong technical component
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with real world, messy datasets stored in a variety of formats: MongoDB, AWS cloud services, SQL Databases, etc.
- Data Engineering skills combining disparate data sources and resolving source of truth conflicts
- Strong understanding of data science project lifecycle and ability to write clean, reproducible code
- Relevant experience applying machine learning
Reports to: VP, Data
Location: boodleAI is a fully remote company with resources spread throughout the country and a company hub in Tysons, VA.
boodleAI in a hyphenated nutshell
We are a VC-backed, AI-powered, people-focused, predictive analytics platform. Which is just a fancy way to say, we’re like a magic 8-ball for finding an organization’s best audience. It’s decidedly so!
Who We Are Looking For
boodleAI is a unique blend of personalities with a wide-range of perspectives. All team members are willing to contribute anywhere there is a need, regardless of area of responsibility. Being a remote team we are looking for a person that is self-motivated, open-minded, and looking to make a difference on this journey. This formula has helped make us the most connected, remote, company any of us have been a part of.
We’re a tight knit group, doing amazing things, with:
- A desire to learn.
- A willingness to question.
- A well-rounded understanding of modern communication techniques.
- An interest in building and improving company culture.
- A genuine curiosity to understand clients and best translate their needs into great experiences.