Identifying Major Donors in Current Contacts Uncovers a $20,000 Donor in <60 days
Using the boodleAI platform, a Veterans Service Organization (VSO) created a custom guidon that predicted affinity for the VSO and allowed the VSO to identify and secure a major donor who previously went unnoticed.
The VSO sought to diversify its individual donor base and wanted to identify potential major gift donors within its existing contact lists. The VSO's development staff wanted to focus its time and resources on existing contacts who had both a high affinity and capacity for giving to the Foundation. However, with a large house list, it was prohibitively time consuming to manually research and identify potential major donors.
Use of Guidon by boodleAI
Using its existing donor database, the VSO used Guidon to create a custom guidon that could predict whether an individual had a high affinity for giving to the nonprofit. The VSO applied that custom guidon for affinity along with instant guidons for capacity to its existing contact lists. Guidon predicted which contacts had both a high affinity and high capacity for giving to the VSO.
The VSO identified those existing contacts who had not made a previous donation yet, but were predicted to have both high affinity and capacity for giving to the nonprofit. The VSO then targeted its outreach to these newly identified high potential prospects. One of those prospects, who had been on an email list for years, responded positively to outreach, eventually resulting in a $20,000 donation.
- Predictive Analytics (Custom Guidon)
- $20,000 new donation from an existing contact who was not a prior donor
- Significant time and costs savings
- Purchase of Guidon Annual License
- Compilation of donor records
- Compilation of contact lists
- 10 minutes to upload data to Guidon
- 20 minutes to create, test, and review custom guidon
- 20 minutes to apply instant and custom guidons to contact lists
- Review and follow-up with prospects
Want to find your best prospects in any contact list?
Let's connect to talk about your sales, marketing, and fundraising needs.