Test of Predictive Model for Major Gift Donors Shows 5x Lift
An International Aid Organization used the boodleAI platform to create a custom guidon that predicted major gift donors. The organization applied Guidon's findings to a direct mail campaign with spectacular results.
The organization sought to increase the number of major gift donors. The organization's development staff wanted to focus its time and resources on existing contacts who had the highest predicted fit for making a major gift. In particular, it hoped to optimize direct mail outreach to existing donors.
Use of Guidon by boodleAI
The Aid Organization used its existing donor database to create a custom guidon model to predict likely major gift donors. It then A/B tested the model using a prior direct mail campaign to compare with new, guidon-powered outreach.
The "A" group of 125 higher scored prospects had a 5.92x (492% higher) combined donation total than the "B" group of 125 lower scored prospects ($87,000 vs $14,700). The A group also had a 2.50x (150% higher) greater donation rate (16.0% vs. 6.4%). The average donation of the A group outperformed the average of all other donations (3.17X average donation size, 1.94X donation rate) and the average of all donations (2.04X average donation size, 1.57X donation rate).
- Predictive Analytics (Custom Guidon)
- Ability of organization to identify high value donors increased over 150%
- Significant time and costs savings
- Purchase of Guidon Annual License
- Compilation of donor records
- Compilation of contact lists
- 10 minutes to upload data to Guidon
- 20 minutes to create, test, and review a custom guidon
- 20 minutes to apply instant and custom guidons to contact lists
Want to find your best prospects in any contact list?
Let's connect to talk about your sales, marketing, and fundraising needs.